Call us on +46 10 650 01 01
BMW M3 Cab – 1989
A fine and original example of the first-generation E30 M3 Convertible that has benefitted from extensive mechanical and cosmetic restoration work completed by BMW Group Classic. While the E30 M3 was produced in relatively large numbers in coupe form, this is one of only 781 Convertible models built. Under the bonnet sits the 2.3-litre naturally aspirated ‘S14’ inline-four, coupled to a five-speed dog-leg manual transmission sending power to the rear wheels. Included with the car is a vast array of history documenting the recommissioning work completed.
This example is finished in the subtle shade of Macau Blue Metallic with a dark blue fabric roof over a black leather-trimmed interior. Inside, the specification includes front sports seats, an M-specification steering wheel, air conditioning and a BMW Bavaria C Electronic stereo head unit. It now rides on a set of 16-inch Alpina alloy wheels. Included with the car is a spare wheel and jack, and all documentation relating to the car’s restoration by BMW Group Classic.
The last service was completed in June 2021 at 80,030 km by BMW Service Dusseldorf, and consisted of annual maintenance plus the replacement of the brake discs and pads. Prior to this at 79,069 km, the car received numerous replacement parts at BMW Group Classic as part of its restoration. The following work was completed during the car’s restoration by BMW Group Classic between January 2018 and December 2020:
- Supplied M3 engine overhauled
- Gearbox overhaul.
- Gearshaft renewed.
- Brake hoses renewed.
- Oil cooler including pipes overhauled and converted to original.
- Propshaft replaced.
- Rear axle drive overhauled and fitted.
- Mufflers renewed.
- Aircon pipes, condenser, filter-dryer, fan and compressor replaced.
- Heater disassembled, cleaned, new seals made, assembled and installed in the vehicle.
- Windshield replacement.
- Fog lights replaced.
- Hood renewed.
- Hood supports replaced.
- Replace trunk lid gas springs.
- Rubber lip front bumper replaced.
- Convertible top renewed.
- Steering wheel replaced.
- Steering column underside replaced.
- Switch knob replaced.
- Front and rear seats cleaned.
- Temperature display / board computer replaced.
- Front seat bottom cover renewed.
- BMW cassette radio installed.
- Replaced defective cables and plugs in the interior.
- Smart repair of paint damage at transition between body and left boot lid.
- Vertical seal of driver’s door triangular window renewed.
- Check Control confirmed.
- Left and right air duct replaced.
- Footwell ventilation control repaired.
- Battery replaced.
- Rust under sill left and right removed.
- Rust on the driver’s side bottom plate was removed.
- Rust removed from the left side.
- Cardan tunnel and bulkhead repaired and rust removed.
- Bottom of the car is dry-ice blasted.
- Painted engine compartment, wheel arches and cardan tunnel.
- Sound and heat insulation in the engine compartment and on bottom fitted.
- Wiring loom in the engine compartment repaired, defective plugs replaced, pipes re-insulated and ABS sensors replaced.
- Nozzles, hoses, check valves and reservoirs for windshield washer and headlight cleaning systems replaced.
This E30 BMW M3 Convertible is a rare and exciting modern classic performance car. It boasts a subtle colour scheme, and is presented in excellent condition having benefited from a substantial amount of restoration work by BMW Group Classic, making it ready to enjoy as an attention-grabbing weekend car for its next owner.
Model Year 1989 Mileage — km Transmission Manual Ext. color Anthrazit Int. color Black Price SOLD